You probably already know that Lightroom, LightZone, and Phototheca are quite popular when it comes to photo editing and management services software. If you know someone that edits photography or such, then they’re most likely using one of these three pieces of software.
Let’s take a short look at the services provided by each of the mentioned software.
|is available on a subscription basis||it is a free RAW converter||free photo organizing software|
|has intuitive user interface||RAW file support||supports various RAW formats|
|ability to transfer adjustment settings from one image to another||has the impressive relight tool||has duplicates detection feature|
|is a powerful RAW file editor||supports work with layers||has 56 built-in instant filters|
|has plenty of adjustment tools||import photos from iPhone|
LightZone Features and Capabilities
We’ve mentioned a bit of what LightZone can do, but we’ve just scratched the surface. Given that it is one of the most famous pieces of photo editing software out there, it comes equipped with impressive features and capabilities.
Naturally, one of the best features of LightZone is the relight tool. When you have a photo open in the software, you can press the relight tool and have your photo analyzed. Then, the software will make any necessary enhancements to in – in short, one-touch photo enhancing.
So, let’s take a closer look at what LightZone can do!
- Unlimited Layers – you can apply as many effects as you want to a photo.
- Non-Destructive Operational Layers – you can always turn the layers on or off or access your original photo.
- Raw File Support – you don’t have to convert the photos from your digital camera.
- The Relight Tool – as mentioned above, one of the most powerful features of this software; one-touch photo enhancing.
- Intuitive User Interface
- Two Interface Sections – Browse and Edit
- Styles Option – one-click quick-fix tools
Lightroom Features and Capabilities
As you may know, Lightroom is one of the most popular photo editing software, mainly because it is related to Adobe. However, there are a lot of people that prefer using different software, stating that Lightroom doesn’t come with as many features as they’d want it to.
For example, even though it comes with excellent photo editing tools, the user cannot rename a photo or edited version via the software. On top of that, it has fewer features compared to its “cousin” – Lightroom Classic.
- Multiple, Diverse Photo Editing Tools
- Full-Resolution Photo Library
- Access to the photos you have on various devices
- Web Auto Backup
- Good Help System
- Intuitive Interface
- Non-Destructive Editing without Layers
- Library Integration
- Graduated Filter
- Crop Overlay Tool
- Web Export
Which Is Better – LightZone or Lightroom?
So, here we are – LightZone versus Lightroom – which one is better?
If we were to analyze the LightZone vs Lightroom battle, the winner would probably be the former. As mentioned above, LightZone is quite similar to Lightroom – but it comes for free.
For example, both pieces of software come with non-destructive photo editing. This means that you can choose both LightZone and Lightroom for projects that require you to keep the original photo intact.
The same applies to their features and capabilities. Despite being open-source software, LightZone is still able to impress, primarily via the Relight tool that it has.
Both apps have their advantages and disadvantages. When choosing LightZone or Lightroom, you must also take into account the type of project that you are working on. For example, between the two, Lightroom doesn’t allow multiple layers for non-destructive editing, while LightZone does.
In this respect, we may think of LightZone as being a tad better than Lightroom, mainly because of the several one-touch enhancing tools and the ability to work on multiple layers.
Why Is Phototheca Better than LightZone and Lightroom?
Now, let’s take a look at the final alternative in terms of good photo editing software – namely, Phototheca. If you take some time to find a review of this software, you will find out that it’s not actually behind LightZone or Lightroom.
Phototheca is, in many ways, better than the other two pieces of software we’ve just mentioned.
First of all, Phototheca has various capabilities – when it comes to what you can effectively do with it. In this respect, you can import with intelligence, share your work, enjoy metadata and photo tagging, instant search and browse photos, organize photos, view photos, as well as take advantage of some extra features.
- In terms of viewing capabilities, you can switch the software to full-screen with a single click, access bird-eye view of your thumbnails, enjoy dual view feature, and run a slideshow with your favorite photos.
- When it comes to extras, Phototheca has duplicates detection software that helps you detect all the duplicates in your library and safely remove them.
- You can also protect some of your photos with the help of a password protected Safe-boxes.
- The Smart Album feature is an album that is automatically populated according to certain specified conditions.
- The Timeline feature shows you the number of photos in a specific timeframe. You can also change the scale and review how many and when photos are taken.
- Phototheca also allows you to fix incorrect timestamps. In case of a missed camera setup, you can do a batch time shift for several images in just one take.
As you can see, Phototheca brings much more to the table in comparison to LightZone or Lightroom. This is because the last two are mostly only photo editing software and, in most cases, don’t allow you to work more with your photos.
While Lightroom won’t allow you to rename photos, you don’t have to worry about such a thing when using Phototheca.
As soon as you download Phototheca 3, you will have the power to edit your photos, add them in a library, create albums, import and export them wherever you want, create a collection, run slideshows, and so much more.
Phototheca is the photo organizing software for PC. It gives the way to organize thousands of family photos over decades into a clean and straightforward photo library.
Phototheca can find and remove all duplicates, adjust the date and time of photos, tag photos with keywords, recognize faces, and organize photos into life events. See all Features of the software.