The Sharpen adjustment changes photos by making edges crisper and better defined.
- In Phototheca, double-click a photo, then click Edit in the toolbar.
- Click Adjust in the toolbar.
- In the Adjust pane, click the disclosure triangle next to Sharpen.
- Drag the sliders to adjust the sharpness.
- The Sharpen controls in the Adjust pane.
- Intensity: Adjusts the strength of the sharpened edges.
- Edges: Sets the threshold for which groups of pixels are edges and which ones aren’t.
- Falloff: Makes the sharpening effect look more or less prominent. Increasing the falloff value makes the sharpening more severe; decreasing it softens the effect.